Friday, June 06, 2008

The blow-out that defied gravity

So Sarah, Kevin and Simon are officially moved to Utah and they came over one day to visit for a little bit before I had to go to school. Simon was about to go through another growth spirt and was very hungry...he drank soooo much milk. Anyways, after he finished eating, I was holding him and I felt little vibrations on my leg. I'm like ok, he's farting. Babies do that....but then he started spitting up, so Jono grabbed me the birp cloth and I was wiping that up...that now dripped down my hand. And yet again...more vibrations...only these were smelly vibrations, and I knew what just came out of his bottom...cause it smelled baaaaaaad. So I handed him off to Kevin making sure that no poop had gotten on me and the throw-up was off my hand, and he keeps farting. Kevin and Sarah are waiting for the little farting session to stop so he doesn't keep pooping while they are trying to change his diaper. After about a minute, Sarah goes "Oh my gosh! It's coming through his shirt!" This big green blob starts making his way up his back and starts seeping through his shirt. Jono and I are laughing and he grabs the camera and starts taking pictures. Now the poop is starting to run down Simon's legs and they take his pants off to try and save them, but those are done for. They put him on the changing mat and poop just goes everywhere (and let me remind you that they are on our floor in our front room and nothing in our apartment has EVER smelled that bad before...) Sarah and Kevin decide the best solution is to stick him in our bathtub and rinse him off because he has poop all over him. So now the poop is all over our bathtub (and everyone can't stop laughing at this point and Jono has the video recorder going) and they give him a bath while I am turing on fans and spraying air freshener all over the house. They get Simon poop-free and we stick his poopy clothes in our washer. BUT, Sarah and Kevin didn't bring an extra outfit for Simon just in case something like this happened. I had extra baby clothes from when Jono and I bought outftis for Emerson and Simon, but we went back and bought them bigger ones to give them and hadn't returned the other ones yet. So now Simon has two of the same outftit, only one is 3 months and the other is 6 months. So we saved the day. But oh man, that was the most severe birth control I have had yet. Babies are smelly and dirty. They can be cute too, but mostly smelly :)

Trying to get the videos posted..stay tuned. Here is a picture for you until then...
trying to decide what the next move should be...

No comments: