Saturday, July 05, 2008
Recipe + New Pan = Experiment in the Kitchen!
Today I decided to wake up and make Aebelskeivers. It is a Danish breakfast that is kind of like a sphere pancake...and a whole lot of yumminess! When my family went to Solvang, a Danish town in CA, a couple months ago (without me...) my mom bought me a special aebelskeiver pan, mix, and jam just for me. Can you tell we are Danish? I have made them before at my parent's house, but that was with a seasoned pan and adult supervision. So I decided to experiment. On the first batch, I put too much oil in the round holes and I got deep-fried balls of batter...most were burned. However, by the second batch I was rolling out little round balls of perfection. Glad to see I am not completly hopeless in the kitchen. When they are done, you cover them with jam (preferrably raspberry) and top it with powdered sugar. I made one special ball for Jono that was filled with chocolate chips, an experiment that proved to be successful (just ask Jono). My mother will be so proud.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
stop! all my cute cousins are blogging and i was unaware:) guess i should pick it up again and re-enter the blog world.
Post a Comment