Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Back-to-School Night

Last Thursday was a great day. Jono and I woke up to the sunshine, Jono made breakfast and we took our time getting ready for the day. Jono didn't have to go to the office because he had an inventory in Ontario so I skipped my first class and we drove up north together. On the drive up, Jono commented how the drive wasn't sooo bad.....ya, it makes it easy when we are cruisin' in the carpool lane while the rest of the freeway is at a dead stop :)

I have to say I was very excited to show my school to Jono. I felt like a little girl in first grade that drags her parents by the hand around her classroom to show off her desk and her art on the wall. I wanted to show him everything: from the big orange fish in the Japanese garden right down to the Ernst and Young flyer that was posted on a bulletin board. Jono had finished work before my last class got out so he waited for me at some benches on campus. It almost felt like we were back in college together. And I LOVED having a normal day with my husband and sharing a little Cal Poly spirit. Go Broncos.

No comments: