Wednesday, September 30, 2009

venting.

Dear Fellow Bloggers/Readers of Blogs,

I would like to take this time to openly vent about these "budget cuts" that have been popping up in many a conversation since last November.

They suck. After summer quarter got cancelled to help finance the proceeding 2009/2010 school year, I (being rather naiive) thought that school would resume in its normal way, other than the occasional class getting cancelled and of course the cost of tuition on the ever-upward rise. However, when you (budget cuts) continue to mess with my graduation date, that is when I get more than a little peeved. Yes, getting set back an extra quarter did not please me, but letting all the classes get impacted so heavily that I cannot add another class beyong my 4th (I am trying to get through as fast as possible) is really peeving me....even the online classes! Those require nothing more than grading some papers and typing in our grades! Ugh...

And let's not forget to mention the newly-instituted Furlough days for all the Professor's here at Cal Poly. That's right, furlough days. The teachers agreed to receive a 10% pay cut in exchange for 10% less time of teaching. That sounds great and all, not having class. But when I pay 35% more in tuition I do not expect to have 10% less of an education. There I go being naiive again...

Will this never ending torture of seeking a degree ever go away? Or must I continue to endure the stress and wishful thinking of finishing within 2 years? (I am technically a senior now by the way...)

So no thanks to you budget cuts. You are on my crap list.

My worst regards,

A student trying to get her degree before the age of 30

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

haha...that blows girl! sorry for that. (like it's my fault...) anyway, at least you are farther along than me!

Cason and Marie said...

Don't even get me started!!!

I am sorry girl!!