Last night at about 9:30 I'm reading in bed and Jono comes in and asks what's for dessert. I said I didn't know and he asked if we had any more cinnamon rolls. I said no. And Jono said, well let's go get some! I said OK! and hopped up and started putting on shoes and a sweatshirt. I could tell by the look on Jono's face that he was joking and he wasn't sure about going out that late at night to drive 45 minutes for cinnamon rolls. Now, these cinnamon rolls are not just any cinnamon rolls. I get them from the Farmer's Market in San Juan (they are the BEST!) So we get ready and head out the door...with a little bit of coaxing from me. We start driving and Jono asks, "Is this place even still open?" So I text google for their number and give them a call. No answer. At this point I could tell Jono REALLY didn't want to drive to San Juan only to find a closed store and no cinnamon rolls. So I throw out, "How about a milkshake from In N Out?" So we turn around and go through the drive-through. Jono got a chocolate shake and I got a rootbeer float. And we went back home, got back into bed and read while we sipped our dessert.
That is our attempt at being spontaneous at 9:30 pm on a Wednesday night. How did we do??
2 comments:
A+ good job! love it!
:) I love it. We aren't very spontaneous... especially now with baby Connor around! Keep up the spontaneity!!
Post a Comment