On Saturday, June 16th, Jono turned 30!
In the morning he went surfing at Old Man's with his sister Kimra, her husband Jamin and his buddy Brad.
Then we met his family at Flo Jo park and had a picnic lunch.
We got back to the house and dropped Will off with my mom.
I told Jono I wanted to take him on a date for his birthday and we were leaving at 2:30 pm and I wouldn't tell him where we were going. I put a blind fold on him and drove to a movie theater in Orange to see Rock of Ages.
After the movie I put the blind fold back on him and drove to Angel stadium. We parked under the "A" and I helped him out of the car. I told him to take off his blind fold and he had family and friends yell out "Surprise!"
He was shocked.
Here's a group shot before we arrived. More people arrived later.
Then his brother, Jer, came out and gave him a hug. Jono didn't know he was going to be there.
It was a sweet moment.
We had pizza, sandwiches, chips and drinks for everyone and chatted it up before the game started.
I got Jono a baseball birthday cupcake cake. There was a little accident and it got smushed. Luckily Julie came to the rescue and we scraped the frosting off the lid and put it back on the cupcakes. Also luckily, we had two cakes.
We tried lighting the candles on Jono's birthday cake but it was too windy, so he pretended to blow them out.
This little guy had a long day and was so exhausted he fell asleep on Papa's shoulder during the game.
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped put this event on and all family and friends who came to celebrate.
What a great night.












2 comments:
What an AWESOME b day! You are so thoughtful!
Cute, cute, and more cute. Love all the surprises and the dipped kiss under the A. What a fun night! I'm sad we couldn't be there to help celebrate! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONO!
Post a Comment