12 Month Statistics:
Weight: 22 lbs 13 oz (45th percentile)
Height: 31.25 in (85th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.5 in (60th percentile)
- Will is in size 12 month clothes and size 18 month pajamas. He's still in size 4 diapers. He has 8 teeth and 1 top molar just starting to come through.
- He still loves reading his books. Only now if he sees a book somewhere he will grab it and bring it over to you and sit on your lap while you read it to him. Most of the time when the book is over he will get upset and start crying until you read it again. And again. It was cute at first and now I have most of his books memorized.
- He also learned how to climb down the stairs all by himself. We have all been working on this with him and telling him "feet first" and he finally got it one day after bath time.
- He now gives KISSES!! He wouldn't for the longest time and every time I would ask he would cover his face with his hands. When we were in Utah I asked and he finally gave me one! I am one happy mama.
- Will took his first steps on October 12! He walked from our large couch to the chaise lounge, about 5 steps away. He just turned and walked all by himself. My parents were in the room with me and we all saw it. After we all cheered and clapped, which I think scared Will and he started crying.
- He also started dancing to music, which I love. If he hears music anywhere he will started bopping up and down to the music and he gets a huge smile on his face.
- He started squealing and screaming when he's letting us know he wants something. We are trying to squash that and I actually started teaching him some signs.
- When he is finished eating I ask him if he's all done and he throws his hands in the air above his head to tell me yes, he is all done. At first I think he would do it because I said "All done" but now he knows what it means and will do it on his own now. We are also teaching him the sign for 'milk' and 'more'. He gets a little frustrated with 'more' because he wants it now and doesn't want to wait :)
- He still loves baths--more so the playing in the water than actually scrubbing or dressing afterwards. He is insistent on standing up and walking around the edge of the tub so I have to watch him carefully.
- Lately I've been putting him to bed about a half hour later and he has been sleeping until about 8, which really helps me when I get some extra sleep.
- He absolutely loves getting all the attention in the room and will put on quite a show. He will wave, clap, do war woops, make kissy noises, walk across the room, dance, give kisses, etc.
Me oh my, has it been one year already?? This little boy has grown so much. I think back to when he was a newborn and how I wished he would forever remain that tiny so I wouldn't lose my sweet little baby. But each stage is just so great (and not to mention it gets a lot easier!). Here's to many more months and years ahead of this sweet boy!



1 comment:
What a cutie! So smart too!!!
Post a Comment