Tuesday, August 25, 2009

San Diego


Well, I just got back from the anniversary getaway in San Diego. We got to our hotel, Embassy Suites, around 8 pm and we relaxed, watched movies and drank Martinelli's. Monday Jono had to go to work. I joined him and his manager for lunch at Chili's and then I drove down to Old Town, San Diego. I LOVE walking around and window shopping through places like that. Throughout the day I bought two oil paintings (which I LOVE), a book by John Bytheway (tehe, a new book!), and two cute mugs from Crate and Barrel (cute mugs being my other weakness). Then I met Jono at the hotel when he got off work and he gave me 2 red roses and 2 cards (one was humorous and the other was thoughtful). We decided to go to dinner at Fleming's and we shared a filet mignon entree. It was delicious!! We got a box of fudge-like things from our waitress since it was our anniversary. When we got back to the hotel we watched some tv and relaxed while enjoying some of our favorite drinks...me with Martinelli's and Jono with his milk. It was a very fun and relaxing weekend and I am so glad I got to spend time with Jono on our anniversary. He is still down there working this week and is supposed to work next week there as well. I might have to make another visit :)

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

San Diego is the best! Glad you two had fun and got to get away! I love crate and barrel!

The Piersons said...

Sounds like such a great anniversary. I'm so glad y'all had such a great time. Aaron and I were talking about how we still remember when we got your wedding announcement and now its been 2 years, crazy!

Kimra ra ra ra said...

I'm so happy you had a great anniversary and it worked out to be in SD together. I want to see these oil paintings in real life. Cheers to many more years of loooooove.