Friday, December 17, 2010

Cal Poly Pomona Campus

During my last week of school I took some pictures of Cal Poly's campus.
Partly so I could remember how beautiful it is.
And partly to compare what it looked like now when I go back in 20 years to visit.
Cal Poly is known for their majors in agriculture and architecture, which are portrayed very well in the campus. 
The campus is so beautiful during the fall season.

You can kind of tell where I am on campus in some of these pictures relative to the CLA building (the pointy triangle building).

I loved driving the roads into campus. The long stretch of trees and the horse fields are so unique and beautiful.

Here are the buildings I spent most of my time either looking at or learning in: 
(from left to right, top to bottom)
Bronco Student Center, Library, the College of Business Administration building, the original Kellogg horse stables, the CLA building and the library again.

One of my favorite places to walk through every day from the parking lot to my classes was the Japanese garden. It provided beautiful scenery for the 30 seconds I spent walking through it.

Another one of my favorite places to walk through was the rose garden.
Watch out for the bees though!

While I didn't see this pond everyday it was one of my favorites. Any time you go you will always see ducks and turtles. One time while I was sitting I counted over 50 turtles around the pond! 
Don't know why but it makes me happy. 

(I took this pic with my phone while sitting here one day. This reminds me of Dr. Seuss' "Yertle the Turtle.")

Other beautiful scenery and plants around campus.

Here is the new College of Business Administration buildings that are being built right now. I wanted to document how far along it was when I finished school. Its supposed to be pretty fancy and will be done in 2012. 

Thanks for taking the tour!

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

What a beautiful campus!

Shauny said...

So beautiful!!!!!!! Jealious you went there for school!