Thursday, December 09, 2010

Last Day of School

Today is my last day of school, and I could not be more excited. Although its bitter/sweet really. This past week it really hit me that I will officially be a college graduate and I will no longer be going to school. I am closing this chapter of my life and starting another. To be honest, I'm a little apprehensive, just because I don't know what's next. 

It seems like just yesterday I started my college education at BYU the summer of 2006 with my best friend and roommate, Christina. Summer semester was amazing--full of steak nights, parties with friends, and other girly things. 

Then I met Jono fall semester and we started dating. Our studies got put aside while we enjoyed fun date nights and getting to know each other. We got married and went back to BYU for one more year so Jono could finish his masters and I prepared to transfer to a CA school. 

Over two years ago I transferred to Cal Poly Pomona. At first I was a little shocked as a result from transferring from BYU. But looking back now, it turned out ok. I've had some really great teachers, actually chose a major that I like, learned a lot, and made some friends along the way. 

So what did I do on my last day of school ever?
All of my favorite things around campus. 
  • Sat in my favorite area in the library and watched my tv shows
  • Sold my last book back for some cash
  • Walked around the bookstore and looked at all the stuff I wanted to buy, but didn't
  • Ate lunch at Panda Express
  • Walked around and visited all my favorite spots on campus
  • Sat in Starbucks to study (the smell of coffee with Norah singing in the backgroung is delightful)
Now back to studying for my last final ever starting in 50 minutes. 


4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Congrats! You should be so proud! On to the next chapter of life...

Morgan said...

yahoo!!! that is so awesome. what did you end up studying anyway???

The McLane Blog Page: said...

congrats!!!

Alex and Becca said...

Congrats! I'm so jealous!