Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Zumba

This morning I woke up and drove to the Stake Center in Orange. A woman in the stake offers free Zumba classes and she gets a pretty large turn out. I thought I would see what all the excitement was about since I have some time before I start work next week. 

I met up with the Bishop's wife, Lori, and she had an extra jingly-skirt thing and told me I had to wear it to get the full experience. So I obliged. 

For the next hour I proceeded to shake my tail feather, shake my bon bon, shake my groove thang and everything else. I was fire, a salsa dancer, a flamingo, and Beyonce. 

I have to say it was quite fun and it is a good workout. After the initial embarrassment you realize everyone looks like a fool, so you might as well get into it and enjoy it.

I'll be going back Friday. Anyone want come with me?

7 comments:

Annie said...

haha i love zumba! so fun

Cason and Marie said...

Fun!!!!! I'd go with you in a heartbeat! Move here....

Audrey Crisp said...

So fun! Wish you lived closer! I've always wanted to try zumba! My mom goes 6 days a week!

Morgan said...

so fun! p.s. congrats on the new job, so awesome!!!!

Brad and Danielle said...

Oh man, I do!! Too bad I'm not close anymore. :( I heard Zumba is fun. Though it might be better for me to try first in the privacy of my own home. No one wants to see me in a short flouncy skirt shakin' it. :)

The Piersons said...

That is so funny! I had a dream I went to a Zumba class the other day and it was too hard...ha ha. I think we all need pictures.

E.F.G. said...

sounds fun! i'm glad you looked the part! can we see a picture of that skirt?