I've been working almost a month now and its going pretty well. Working 40 hours a week not only leaves me with little time to do anything else (like blogging), but it also taxing physically, mentally and emotionally. Jono is still in busy season and has been getting home between 10 and 12 pm every night. I try to stay awake for him if I can so we can spend what little time we have together before we spend the next 6-8 hours unconscious next to each other. Our morning schedules occasionally coincide, which is both nice and obnoxious since it usually leaves one waiting for the other to get out of the shower or finish using the sink, but at least we get a little more time together. Some days it feels like we high-five each other as we pass by, but we try to make the best of it.
Since the last blog post we have had some changes. Number 1 is we moved. Since I got a full-time job I was no longer able to manage the apartments in Orange. We really liked our ward and it was the right location for both our jobs. We were able to find a small one bedroom just a couple miles away. We are technically still in Orange but now we are just off Imperial Hwy and it is in our ward boundaries, which we love. We still have boxes everywhere and are trying to squish our two-bedroom size belongings into a one bedroom. We have had a ton of help from family and friends in the ward which we really appreciate.
Number 2 is we got a kitty! We actually found him at our old apartment right before we moved. I was inside the apartment and I heard meowing coming from outside. I started walking around trying to find him to make sure he was ok and I found him up on a 6 foot high wall. I started petting him and he started purring instantly. I asked the man who lived there if it was his cat and he said it was born under his trailer and that I should take it. He literally took the cat down and put him in my arms. What am I supposed to do now?? I told him I would have to talk to my husband about it and he said if Jono didn't want him then just bring him back. So I took him home and he's still with us. At first we couldn't decide on a name and for fear I would get attached and then have to give him back I just called him Kitty. After we decided to keep him we finally decided on Rafiki but he has a lot of nicknames like Rafi, Kiki, Rafiki-kiki, Kit-Kat, and I mostly still call him Kitty. He is such a cuddle-bug (almost to an annoying state, especially when you're trying to sleep and he wants to lay on your face) and anytime he cuddles he is purring (which can also deter you from falling asleep). The only down-side is I am actually allergic to cats, so we put him in the bathroom at night to sleep. After a while I got more used to him so I'm not sneezing and itching all the time. Don't be fooled by his cuddly side though, this cat also loves to pounce/attack, bite and scratch if he's in one of his moods. We are still trying to teach him not to bite so we'll see if it catches on. We've enjoyed having him with us and its nice to have him around when Jono works late nights.
Well thats all the updates for now. We are looking forward to whats to come in our future with all the changes that have been happening. I'm very excited for summer to come. Maybe its because I work in retail and we are selling summer stuff right now, but I can't wait for days at the beach/pool, tan skin and bbqs. Summers in California are the best.
2 comments:
Yay! A new kitty! Pictures please! Sounds like everything is going well! Good luck unpacking!
Thanks for the update! Wish we were there with you guys! I really miss California. It's getting a little better since it's getting warmer here now, but you're totally right. Summers in California are the best.
Love you guys! Miss you!
Post a Comment