The next afternoon I met up with our friends, the Villarreals, who just moved to Bluffdale. It was so good to see them and their two adorable kids. We ate lunch at Carl's Jr. and after we went back to their apartment and hung out and talked.
Then I drove down to Provo and met up with my good friend and college roommate, Christina. She served a mission in New York for the past year and a half and this was my first time seeing her since she got back in November. It was so good to see her and catch up, just like old times. We grabbed some dinner and then I watched her intramural inner tube water polo game at the Smith Field House. We stayed at her sister's apartment that night.
The next morning we went to the Provo temple to do a session and then got some lunch after. We watched the Time Traveler's Wife and then went bowling that night.
Thursday morning I had breakfast with Liese Rodger at Magelby's Fresh, which was delicious! It was nice to talk and catch up with her as well.
I then drove up to Salt Lake and had lunch with my brother-in-law, Jeremiah, at Cheesecake Factory. When I was almost there, driving on State Street I noticed a truck that was driving to my left. I looked at the driver and my mouth dropped. It was my Uncle Doyle! It was so random and I started honking hoping to get his attention. He finally looked over and I waved. I'm sure it took him a second to realize who I was since he was probably not expecting to see me in Utah. We pulled over to a parking lot and talked for a couple minutes. It was so good to see him and was totally random at the same time. Lunch with Jer was delicious and the conversation was good as well.
From there I drove up to Ogden where my sister and her family recently moved. I hung out with Danielle and her son Connor until Brad came home and we went to Chili's for dinner. Towards the end Connor started to get a little fussy, so we started dancing/swaying to the music hoping to distract him and he liked our moves so much he decided to copy them. It was so funny, we were all cracking up. The video was too large to upload.
The next day we ate breakfast and then got dressed to go sledding! We had to drive up into the hills and it took some time to find the perfect spot. But we found it! Everyone except Connor had fun, poor guy. But he was pretty cute in his snow suit.
He wanted down...
So she put him down...
Awesome...
And down he goes.
That night we rented Robin Hood from Red Box and watched it. It was actually really good! We stayed up way too late watching it. The next morning I got up and drove back to California. The drive wasn't too bad until I hit a car accident on the 91 freeway about 15 minutes from home. It literally took me another hour to get home. Ridiculous. But I had a great trip and I was able to see so many people I love!
3 comments:
What a fun trip! Glad you drove safe!
I really love that Connor looks like an Umpa Lumpa in his snow suit. He really did hate sledding that day, but the kid has loved the snow every other time we've gone outside. I think it was our screaming down the hill and his rediculous clothing that he just couldn't stand. Poor kid, at least we had fun. :)
What a fun trip!! You and your sister look like twins...or wait. is that you?! I am so jealous you were able to go to UT. I miss it! And I miss you! Hope you're feeling well.
Post a Comment