Four Month Statistics:
Weight: 16 lbs 11 oz (90th percentile)
Height: 26.5 in (87th percentile)
Head Circumference: 43 cm
- Will is now in 9-12 month clothes and wears a size 3 diaper. I love both chubby cheeks and every roll on him.
- So far sleep training has been going well. For the most part he is taking all his naps and sleeping at night in his pack n play. Even in his swing he started taking 30 minute naps, so I thought he might as well be taking 30 minute naps in his crib! For about 3 weeks he was taking about four 30 minute naps during the day, which was pretty difficult on both of us. But recently it has progressed to 40-50 minute naps, and sometimes longer. I just hope this continues. I hope, I hope. This next month I want to work with him on putting himself to sleep, although I'm not quite ready to try the cry-it-out method so it will be a slow and gradual transition. We are also transitioning him out of his swaddle wrap by leaving one arm out while he sleeps at night.
- Will had his first cold a couple weeks ago. In fact our whole family got sick. He wasn't sleeping well and would just want to be held and I could tell his little body was aching. It was so sad to see him stuffed up and cough, but he was a champ through it all.
- This boy still loves to eat. During the day he will eat every 2-3 hours and at night he goes anywhere from 6-8 hours for his first stretch and then 3-4 hours after that. He loves playing with my hands and shirt while he eats.
- He recently started squealing when he gets excited or talks with you. If it wasn't so cute the sound would almost be annoying. But I can't get enough. He also hums to himself when you rock him to sleep and also while he sleeps. Papa Paul thinks its pretty cute.
- He loves watching you eat and has become very interested in what people put in their mouths. He will follow the food from your plate into your mouth and pretty soon he will start grabbing at things.
- He likes sitting in his bumbo but loves to stand with your help and will "stomp" his legs. I'll have to try to get that on video.
- He loves going for walks in his stroller. He is warming up to his car seat. I have found out that if I feed him and then put him in his car seat he will most likely fall asleep without fussing (for the most part.)
- He still loves his hands and is sucking and chewing on them more and more. He also loves his blankies and gets so excited when you give them to him.
- Rafiki has concluded that this kid isn't so bad. Will has started noticing him and his eyes will follow kitty around the room. I took these pictures on a rainy day when Will had his cold.
Love these feet.
He rolled over from front to back for the first time on February 27th while I was taking pictures and has been rolling over every day since! I snapped this right after he rolled over.
I love this stage. You can see the wonder and amazement in his eyes as he looks at the world around him. Children, especially babies, are so gentle and innocent. The smallest thing can make them smile and there is such a sweet spirit about them. I am so lucky I get to spend every day with him.







2 comments:
What a sweetie! Can't believe he's in size 6-9 months. How funny. Love these pics!
So cute. I can't wait to nibble on those toes and pinch those chubby cheeks!
All the sleep transitioning sounds exactly how we did it with Connor and it was all pretty non-traumatic. We didn't do cry it out with Connor until he was 9 months old and still not sleeping thru the night. Basically I had had enough. :) It only took a couple days and we have never looked back since. Keep up the good work Momma!
Post a Comment