Last weekend Jono and I were the "parents" for our youth conference family. Our stake, Anaheim East, combined with Placentia and Orange stakes to do one big youth conference. It was quite an experience.
Friday night we divided into families and played get-to-know-you games and ate some snacks. Then we went into the cultural hall to play "minute-to-win-it" games competing against other families and we cheered on our players.
Saturday morning we met at a stake center and had a morning devotional and then split up into cars to go to our service activities. We went to three houses of people in the stakes to do a service project. At the first house we cleaned up and planted some plants on their back hill. At the second house we cleaned the outside of the house and at the third location we cleaned out a ditch at the bottom of the house.
Next was Wild Rivers! I had been wanting to go for a while and I was so excited when I found out we were going! We got there around 1:30, went on the rides and when the park closed at 4 we got to stay. We changed, ate dinner and then the dance started. We may or may not have danced that night :) We had a lot of fun and it felt like we were back in high school.
It was definitely a different experience being on this side of the youth conference, and I have to say it was pretty nice. We enjoyed the youth conference experience but with a little more freedom. We loved everyone in our "family" and we learned so much. After being a leader you begin to understand the leaders you had when you were in the youth program. You can see the potential in all of tthe youth and you want them so badly to just make good choices. But that's not how it works. I can't imagine how Heavenly Father feels when his children makes mistakes and wander from the truth.
It was such a fun experience and we are glad we got to be a part of it...even if I did get mixed up as a youth on more than one occassion :)
No comments:
Post a Comment