Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Date Night

Last night Jono and I had a date night at the temple. We realized it would probably be a while before we got back once baby comes so we wanted to squeeze in one last trip.


I ended up sitting next to another pregnant girl. After I told her I was 38.5 weeks, she told me I was brave for coming. Fortunately and unfortunately I had been to the doctor earlier in the day and knew I probably wasn't going to have a baby that night.

My last day of work was Friday. It's nice to be on maternity leave and be able to relax and get some stuff done around the apartment. I think my body knew I was done too because its starting to ache more and if I stay in one position for too long I get uncomfortable.

I only have 11 days left until my due date. I remember when I had 11 weeks left! Time is flying by and I'm trying to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for when baby comes.

I can already start to see baby's personality. He is super active all day long, which I love but it also hurts after a while. He gets the hiccups at least once, usually twice a day. And he definitely has a mind of his own. If there is a foot poking me in the side, I'll poke it back in, to which his response is to kick back even harder or kick me somewhere else.

I still haven't had any contractions...at all. I'm trying to think positive labor thoughts, but for now it's a waiting game. So come on out baby, we're ready for you!!

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

How nice you went to the temple! John and I haven't been in FOREVER!!! Shame on us! My little guy is the exact same way! Super active and is always pushing out on my left side. Hopefully he comes soon! Enjoy the time off!