Saturday, October 08, 2011

Julian

Today Jono and I went to Julian for the afternoon.

I grew up going here with my family every summer and enjoying the apple cider, apple pies and candy shops. Perhaps it was a little nostalgic because I grew up going there and have so many memories. But we had a really great time. 

It was such a treat to go back after not having gone for so many years. I have also been wanting to take Jono there for a while so we thought one last getaway before baby comes would be perfect. (And just in case we packed all our hospital bags in the car.)

 We had lunch at a BBQ cafe, bought some sweet treats at the Julian Cider Mill and bought some delicious apple pies at Mom's Pies. 

On the way out of town we stopped at Calico Ranch Apple Orchard where we bought a paper bag for $10 and got to go into the apple orchards and pick our own apples and pears, which we loved! 










2 comments:

E.F.G. said...

i love this post. especially the apple picking pictures which are as dreamy and fall-like as they come...

BUT every time i see that you've blogged, i'm expecting baby news! hope he comes soon!

Audrey Crisp said...

What a fun getaway! You look adorable!