Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baby Update

Yes, I am still pregnant.

My due date of October 16 came and went with no baby arrival. How uneventful.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday and I am dilated 2-3 cm and 50% effaced. Still no contractions. 
If baby boy does not come on his own I am getting induced on the 24th at midnight. 

I cried while driving home after my appointment. Of course every pregnant woman would like to think her baby will arrive early, and I thought mine would too. I had been mentally preparing myself that I would have a newborn by now, but I guess Heavenly Father and baby have another plan.

The days seem longer and the nights even longer while constantly wondering "Will it happen tonight?"

After a while it starts playing with your mind. Is this kid ever going to come out?? 

At every little "ouch" Jono excitedly asks "Contraction??"
And I say no.
Then he gives baby a little pep talk telling him to come on out.
It's cute. I can tell he's excited.
I'm so lucky to have him.

Hopefully the next 5 days go by quickly. 
And if baby wants to come before then, that's okay too.

We'll keep you posted...

5 comments:

Kate said...

Same thing happened to me. I was 90% effaced and at a 4 for 2 weeks! my doctor thought for sure i would be early but then my due date came and went. Like you i cried and cried and got turned away from the hospital twice. It was the worst. I truly thought i would be pregnant forever and that he would never come. But he finally did a week later. It was the longest week of my life but he was so healthy and just wanted to come on his own time. SO don't worry girl. He will come, just be parient, even though all you want to do right now is hold your little one. He will come! Good LUCK!

Cason and Marie said...

Adrienne, I am so sorry he's not here yet! I think I'd cry too. Especially because you've had this date in your mind since day one and for him not to come on that day kinda shatters your expectations. Hang in there! He'll be here before you know it. Get a lot of sleep and have fun with Jono. Eat lots of junk...reward yourself! :) xoxo.

Audrey Crisp said...

That sounds familiar. Kind of. I'm not due till tomorrow... but you just hate the waiting game and not knowing. I guess the good part is if we get induced we'll know exactly when they're coming. That sounds almost better than having to wait and be pregnant longer. Good luck. Hopefully he comes sooner!

Violet said...

So sorry to here he hasn't decided to come yet :0( Be strong!

I hope you don't mind that I added your blog to my blog list.

I can't wait to take pictures of him!!!!!!

Anne said...

Well I'm getting to this post a little late! Which means by now u have been induced if baby didnt come on his own!! Very exciting and I hope all is well with u guys and the baby!