Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Brand New

Baby boy is finally here! I don't even know where to start with this post or how to describe the past week. My heart is so full and its incredible the amount of love I feel for both my husband and my brand new son.

Here's the birth story if you are interested. I tried to keep it short.

As you know I was scheduled to be induced on October 25 at 12:01 am at Mission Hospital. I had a doctor appointment during the day Monday and my doctor scraped my membranes to hopefully get something started. Jono and I stayed at my parent's that night because it's closer to the hospital and so I could try and sleep before we went in. I actually started having contractions at 8 pm and Jono and I spent the next couple hours timing them but decided to wait to go until we had originally planned. How's that for timing?? We got ready and left for the hospital at 11:30 pm. We checked into the hospital and got to our room. 

My nurse checked me when we got there and I was dilated to 3.5 cm and 70% effaced. She was happy my body had started labor on its own because it would make the labor a lot easier. I got my epidural at 1 am and then started the pitocin. My doctor approved an Ambien so I was able to sleep through most of the labor and by 2:15 am I was asleep. At 4:30 am the nurse came in to check me and I was dilated to 6 cm and 100% effaced. I was able to go back to sleep and when she checked me again at 6:30 am I was dilated to 10 cm and 100% effaced! I was ready to go! My doctor came in and broke my water and I started pushing by 7:15 am. There wasn't much progress for the first 45 minutes so my doctor decided to take a break and let the baby labor down. I started pushing again at 9 am and pushed and pushed and pushed. 

William Jonathan Castleton was born at 10:51 am and was 8 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long. 

I was so exhausted from pushing, but the moment my son was born it felt like my heart burst open and I was filled with so much love. My baby was finally born and I just started crying. 
I feel so blessed to have had such a great labor and delivery and to have Jono by my side the whole way. 
I never imagined it would feel like this, but I love it. 
Our son is perfect and healthy and I am so glad he is with us.






My love.

3 comments:

Shauny said...

WOW! So happy you had a great labor and delivery! HE IS SO PRECIOUS AND ADORABLE! Seeing the pictures made me baby hungry all over again! Congrats to you and your new family!

Audrey Crisp said...

So glad you had a good labor and delivery! Congrats! So handsome!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank goodness for modern medicine. You slept through most of the labor?? That's crazy. He is so beautiful. Congrats on the brand new baby boy. Hope all is well.