for your thoughts...or rather my thoughts.
Hi Everyone!
The new year started...about a month ago...and I am excited to welcome 2010! I know it will be a great year filled with love, adventure, and surprises (no I am not pregnant.) Fun vacations plans are being formed but nothing is set in stone yet. We'll keep you posted!
For those of you who have been asking, no we did not find Rico. It's been a month and a half and we have said goodbye. We are sad and think of him often but we are ok. It's just weird to have had him and now its just Jono and me again...alone...is this how parents feel when their kids move away?? :)
Jono started busy season at work. He has been in San Diego for the past week and a half but came home Friday night and I am glad to have him back. He isn't scheduled to work in San Diego in the near future and we are excited about that. He has started the late night hours of the typical busy season and I hope nights won't be too long, for his sake.
School is back in session. I am taking 5 classes and things are going pretty good. The classes I am liking the most are my Stress Management class (very good information I am learning) and my California History class (my professor is young, witty, and makes class fun). The class I am not liking so much is Plants and Civilization (seriously the ONLY class available to finish off my GE requirements). Wow. The first week and half of school we only talked about the drug plants. I guess my professor thought if the studnets are smoking them they're going to have to learn where the plants come from, what it looks like and how it's grown. I have my first test in that class on Wednesday and I am a little worried, but I am just looking to pass the class. I am starting my 4th week and it's weird to think I only have 6 weeks left. Quarters go by fast. Other than that I have tons of papers to write, a lot of self analyzing, and many facts to memorize.
Jono and I taught our 3rd week of Sunbeams today. We are teaching 10 kids and by the end of church we are exhausted and hot. The kids are getting a little more relaxed around us...so in other words they're not the quiet, shy bunch of kids we started out with. And a little victory story from today: we finally got all the children to come sit down with us during primary, rather than off standing by a parent. We are proud.We are having tons of fun teaching them and enjoy their perspective on life. To them life is just so simple. We are trying to teach them basic classroom etiquette such as sitting in chairs, folding arms, being kind to others and raising hands. It's interesting to note that while about half of the children do a pretty good job with these skills during the class, once we pull out the graham crackers literally every single child is sitting in their chairs with their mouths closed and raising a hand. Hmmm....I guess we know their weak spot :)
I guess that's it for now. Thanks for reading!
3 comments:
Way to go with the sunbeams! I bet you guys are great teachers. I am still impressed that you are taking 5 classes. You have a busy schedule! Both of you actually. HOpe things are well!
Haha. I believe they call that "treats training." Maybe Dad was right, children ARE a kind of like dogs... :)
Ahhhhh!! I'm so sad to hear about Rico! That must be awful! I know it's a long stretch, but he could still come back someday... Anyway, good luck with school and the Sunbeams! John and I taught them too! Well, I wouldn't say teach... Play more like it! Heehee! Have a great week!
Post a Comment